Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Exceptions

Stitches



I've been crocheting for about 6 or 7 years now, and I've gotten a little bored with following patterns. These days I usually try to come up with my own patterns. It takes a lot of time and patience, but it sure feels good to know I created something original.




Sometimes I make exceptions to the no pattern policy for special projects like the 7-pointed star baby blanket for a co-worker's grandson. He's due any day, and my co-worker doesn't know I made this. I'm counting on her being too busy to see this before I give it to her. The pattern is from a book by Ruthie Marks that is on my virtual bookshelf at Powell's books. Click here to check out my shelf.


The hat was also a pattern from a book. The hubs has resisted letting me crochet anything for him, but I knew he wanted a warm hat. I searched the web for pictures of finished hats, and gave him 3 or 4 to choose from. He chose the one from Son of Stitch and Bitch which is also on my virtual bookshelf. I was surprise he chose this one. I was sure he was going to want the Flying Spaghetti Monster hat.


Scripts


There are a couple of dramas on TV right now about nurses, which has me wondering why there aren't any shows about pharmacists. I think my professional life would make a great sit-com. Of course, the lead would have to be played by a stunningly gorgeous brunette actress. The pilot episode would be about the time a customer brought a bug in a bag to the pharmacy and asked me if it was a louse.








No comments:

Post a Comment