Friday, August 14, 2009

Are there any happy pharmacists out there?

I waited this long to start blogging mainly because I didn't think I had the time. I'm working part-time. I've got a kid and a house to take care of. And a lot of my free time is spent with hooks and yarn. But the other day I decided to check out the pharmacists' blogs out there, and you would think from reading them that all pharmacists are homicidal or suicidal or probably both.

Wow, people, if you hate it that much, get a different job. I know it's hard to walk away from the paycheck, but your negative attitude is making the rest of us look bad.

OK, so I'm complaining about people complaining.

I think it's all about how you say it. For example, one of my pet peeves is when customers act like the 30 seconds I want to spend counseling them is a total waste of their time. I could go on about how they roll their eyes or are sometimes downright hostile. Or I could say how I love it when they act that way and then it turns out that I actually do have something to tell them that they didn't know. Yes, I am more that I pill-counter. Yes, I know what I'm talking about.

So in the script section of this blog, I will attempt to keep it positive and share the stories of the funny and rewarding parts of the job.

In the stitches section, I'll post my progress on various projects. (I always have several going at a time.)

I'm trying to make the sun catcher idea work, but I need yarn that will drape better (I love excuses to go yarn shopping!) And I just finished my first tote bag that I designed myself. It looks pretty bad actually, but in the spirit of positivity, I'll say it was a learning experience. I'll post a pic as soon as I figure out how, and then I'll frog it and start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment