Monday, October 19, 2009

Miscellaneous Cheering and Griping

Stitches

Yay! I found my crochet hook stash. It was right where I left it, of course. I was sure I looked in the big bag with the...mmmm... maybe 1/5 finished scrap afghan. But do I want to work on that now? Of course not! I've started a small swatch of a crazy stitch scrap afghan. I've been wanting to write an article for Associated Content about making scrap afghans, but I felt I needed more pictures of different stitches and color combo's. I hope to get the swatch and article both done tomorrow while I'm waiting for my eyes to recover from the eye doctor dilating my pupils.

Scripts

I know I said I wasn't going to complain, but I have to vent a little here. Flu shots are driving me out of my flipping mind! Someone at our main office got a bright idea to run a big ad campaign saying how we were Your Neighborhood Flu Shot Headquarters. But did they give us any extra support at the store level? Are you kidding me? I understand that this year is different, and everyone should get their seasonal flu shot early so they can get the h1n1 vaccine when it's available. But why do they have to get it from me on a Monday night when I have a backlog of 100 scripts to fill? And I can't stay very late tonight, because, guess what, I do have a life outside of pharmacy, and I'm meeting a friend for a drink because it's her birthday. I'm sure the pharmacy manager will complain tomorrow about what I didn't get done, but at this point, I really don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment