Saturday, October 24, 2009

Getting Stuff Settled

Stitches

I submitted the scrap afghan article to Associated Content. It's being processed. I'll post a link as soon as it's posted.

As much as I love designing crochet patterns, I don't know how much I'll be doing in the near future. It just takes too much time. But I think I can still contribute to the crochet world by writing reviews of crochet books. I've checked, and there aren't many detailed reviews written out there.

Scripts

I volunteered at an h1n1 vaccine clinic today. I gave about 25 pregnant women shots, and I was able to get a look at the package insert for the vaccine. The clinical trials cited in the manufacturers info had about 9,000 people in the test group, and side effects similar to the seasonal flu vaccine. Why this info isn't available anywhere online, I don't know.

I was happy to help out at the clinic, but honestly, I'm hoping I don't have to give any h1n1 shots at work until the restrictions have lifted. I think all the extra questions people have about it are better directed to their doctor or health dept.

No comments:

Post a Comment